The above text is for informational purposes only & is not a substitute for legal, tax or other professional assistance.
|6 Of The Most Popular Mortgage Options|
1. 30-year conventional fixed rate loanBenefits include:Monthly payments for principle and interest remain the same over the life of the loan (no surprises)Lower monthly payments when amortized over a 30-year payment period (360 payments)
2. 15-year conventional fixed rate loan (also available in 10 & 20-year payment schedules)Benefits include:Monthly payments of principle and interest remain the same over the life of the loan (no surprises)Substantial savings of interest over the life of the loan (example: $100,000 loan at 8% amortized over a 30-year period the total interest paid is $164,166.27. The same loan amount, same interest rate amortized over a 15-year period is $72,017.41. The money saved in interest is $92,148.86.Payments are approximately 25-30% higher when amortized over a shorter period of time (15-year amortization vs.a 30-year amortization)
3. No-Point / Zero Closing Cost LoansBenefits include:Less cash needed at closing. The interest rate will usually be 1/2 to 3/4 of a percent higher when compared to loans that have points to pay at closing.
4. 7-year fixed rate balloon with a 30-year amortizationBenefits include:Slightly lower rate and/or less fees than the conventional 30-year fixed rate loanPayment of principle and interest remains the same over the 7-year period of time *Remember, at the end of the 7 years, you will need to pay off the remaining balance with either a lump sum of cash or re-finance the remaining loan amount.
5. Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARM)There are many options with adjustable rate mortgages; the most popular tends to be the 1-yearadjustable rate mortgage with a 30-year amortization schedule.Benefits include:Lower interest rate for the 1 st yearEasier to qualify for the loan amountYou can qualify for a larger loan amountIn a market when rates are going down, a year ARM offers the ability to adjust downward at the 1 year anniversary of your loan.
6. Federal Housing Administration (FHA)There are many loan products available.Easier to qualify for loan programs than conventional financing.Less down payment needed